• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Desire Stuck in a Restart Loop (refuses to hard reset or enter recovery mode)

MemeBaby

Lurker
Sep 22, 2016
Hey everyone,
I recently have been having issues with my HTC Desire 510 (Carrier: Boost). I woke up to discover it keeps restarting every 30 seconds. I had not downloaded any task killer things or anything out of the ordinary.

I had try to hard reset it but when every I am in that menu it and select hard reset my phone will just restart and never reaches the screen with the triangle and "!".
I am also unable to wipe the cache partiton or anything else because whenever I select anything that isn't in reboot it just restarts to the HTC screen and reenters recovery mode. (BTW it never displays the Boost Mobile animation screen,)
If I select reboot it will just return to the Recovery screen but if I select power down and manually turn it back on it just boots back into the OS where nothing is out of the ordinary and continues to restart.

I assume the OS is corrupted and need to reinstall the rom/firmware but I am unsure about how to go about that. I had went to HTC's website (http://www.htc.com/us/support/rom-downloads.html#sprint) and found my phone and the correct carrier but how do I go about putting it on?
I understand I have to install ADB but how do I fix my problem specifically?
can anyone elaborate on these steps:

Download ADB

Download android drivers

Run ADB

Point it to the folder with fastboot

Unlock bootloader

Flash system image

Thank for the help:p
:p

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones