• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

htc desire 310 weired firmware issues

should i drop kick it into next week

• no tell you son your still fixing it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

brettski31

Lurker
Mar 26, 2016
hi all need your help my head is battered.

im not new too rooting ive flashed custom and stock roms since the days of the omnia hd, ive usually resolved issue my self so why cant i do this damn htc.

ok the phone it will do different things and no its not rooted

bootloops on htc logo but if i leave it then it bootloops when it reaches the vodaphone logo, if i do a battery pull wait then retry then it will either loop again or say starting apps then just sit on then screen for hours. sometimes if im really luck i get welcome screen for first time use but then i get hit with htc sense has stopped working, com.android has stopped then android set up has stopped then facebook has stopped and sometimes more. so i click ok on all of them but they come back as fast i tap. here comes the battery pull and were back too theloop and then progress from there.

i have tried to update firmware or overwrite it but why is there so many different guides and none work at least for me

i cant get fastboot to stay active for long enough to update the driver but still managed with the old quick fingers but it still disconnect straight away
ive tried sdk tools, loads of different drivers for god know what now i tried mtk droid tool, i used a different app for applying firmware cant remember the name. ive tried more which icant even think of ive even installed all the adb and fastboot cmd things

i can get to recovery mode and yes done factory restore a number of times

help oh and yer its single sim

This is the forum for the original 2010 Desire, not the 310 (our 310 section is here). I'm probably the last person watching it, and sometimes take a few days off ;)

For a official firmware update we'd need to know the software version to find the right package - I see you are Vodafone, can I assume UK? But for that you need fastboot to work. So what happens in fastboot mode? Have you tried different cables and USB sockets?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi rimmer I mean Hadron pleased you popped in

Not sure about software version I'll see if factory mode will give me the info so I will come back with that.

Your right it's Vodafone UK

With fast boot I've used 3 different pcs/laptops and 2 different cables.

I take out the battery hold down up and power Pc sees the phone for a split second then it disconnects again. It's like the phone has switched off.

If I catch it in time in device mangers I can install the driver from the one I downloaded.
But this changes nothing it still disconnects unless I'm doing it wrong .

I'll smoke a kipper and have it ready for breakfast

Upvote 0
Hmm, so far I've not had any luck finding a software update package for the 310 (at all, never mind a Vodafone one).

The trouble is that there's usually a lot of support out there for flagship devices, or some non-flagship ones, but the 310 was the real budget end for HTC and seems to have very little community support. When did you get it? A UK phone should have a 2 year warranty, so unless you got it the moment it came out you may well still be in warranty, and a HTC service centre (or Vodafine) will certainly have the tools to deal with this.

Upvote 0
Well it was worth a try but I think your spot on with what you say there and the phone been a low end one I think we would struggle to resolve it

Its over 2 years old so chances are ill get a bill from htc or Vodafone if they repair it

Oh well off to the bin it goes and off to the shops I go.

Big thanks hadron I appreciate the time you put in to help in return I've smoked two kippers for the extra effort you did ;)

Cheers

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones