• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Firmware for Samsung Galaxy J337U 2018

Calvert Wong

Jun 23, 2013
Hello all,

I think I soft bricked my Samsung Galaxy J337U (2018) when I tried to flash it with a wrong TWRP I guess and I am trying to find the firmware to flash it with Odin. I have been searching the internet and I couldn't find it. Flashing it with Odin is the only way to revive my phone I think because I can only open it up on the phone.

What will you do when you couldn't find the firmware that you want?

please answer all of these questions"
1.what guide did you use?
2.where did you get twrp from?
3. did you go to xda for twrp?

here is a guide that might work. just read and make sure that it is the right twrp for you:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...ide-how-to-install-twrp-root-supersu-t3766822
Some random guides because I didn't know xda is the main source we should look at first. The twrp is from that guide as well.

However, I managed to root the device using Magisk so everything is fine now. Thank you all.

Upvote 0
Did you get that TWRP to work ? Or find a working version? I have not yet been able to find TWRP for the j337u yet.
I do have various fw of different binary and some combination files for the j337u if needed.

If you happen to do that again download frp hijack by haggard and it has a soft brick fix that loads the working files, and long as none were corrupted. Saved me more than a handful of times. its free & easily found.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones