• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

firmware package update?

Okay, so I've never tried a root or anything but today when I restarted my phone it forced the update. Like sethseth mentioned I am getting duplicate text messages also. Anybody got a fix for this? It's pretty damn annoying
I as well have nvr done a root!? dnt no wat that is either!!??
I am also getting duplicate maessages!! I should say about 10 times duplicate massages!! its pretty annoying plus irrataing and BS!!:mad::argh:
To add my phone freezes n is super slow! i took off GO LAUNCHER which seems to help a bit bt still dupicate messages more than 6!!
This update would really help my sanity!! PLLLZZZZ SUM1 HELP Mii!!!!??:motz::hmpf:

Upvote 0
I as well have nvr done a root!? dnt no wat that is either!!??
I am also getting duplicate maessages!! I should say about 10 times duplicate massages!! its pretty annoying plus irrataing and BS!!:mad::argh:
To add my phone freezes n is super slow! i took off GO LAUNCHER which seems to help a bit bt still dupicate messages more than 6!!
This update would really help my sanity!! PLLLZZZZ SUM1 HELP Mii!!!!??:motz::hmpf:

You could try backing up you apps via my backup then do a factory reset. Then try the update.

Upvote 0
This update didn't work on my phone also (rooted) but it seems it doesn't matter. This phone has no memory which makes the phone slow i "THINK". I was looking @ my girlfriend htc EVO 4g design phone and compared to my Rise. And look @ this

System rom
Rise: 24mb Free stock.
HTC Evo Design: 250mb free STOCK

Then i looked at the actual memory the phone has to use. (this is different from storage)
Rise: 357mb ram.
2wdwmfp.jpg
-SAD

HTC evo: over 600mb ram.

I believe this phone constantly reboots and freezes up because of ram issues. People say android handles the ram fine, but when its this low i dont think it can handle it properly and forces a reboot/freezes.

At the moment my Rise is bricked (boot looping) because i tried a factory restore to get it back to performing fast which is stupid i had to do this. I have no idea if me modding the phone (removing bloatware) is why its bootlooping, but at this point i dont care anymore. This phone is trash because it keeps rebooting and it freezes up.

This phone is awesome for entry level which i am (1st android phone) It becomes a problem when you use it for anything other than texting and phone calls. Soon as you add stuff like trapster, games.. it falls on its face and shows its true price "you get what you pay for"

Good luck with another update. Think im going to get a HTC evo from virgin mobile. To disappointed with this phone to get another.. not even worth $30 with all the problems you have.

Upvote 0
Eh. I paid 30USD for mine. It just needs some basics.

aCar
GMail
Calls and texts
basic google searches
Google Goggles.

For 30 USD, my Rise does all of the above with only the occasional annoyance.

I've had very little problems with the rise, just the monthly random reboot. But the phone is smooth and ui looks nice going versus gingerbread. For $30 its a good deal, even if you use it as a wifi only device/calling. Virgin has as newer, what looks like, a non sliding version of the rise called the Event for $79 now too.

If it is a ram issue, setting the background processes to 4 max in the dev options should free up ram for foreground processes. It may create lag when opening apps, as they will have to restart, and/or used more battery.

Upvote 0
is there a stock rom for this device anywhere? i am absolutely having the worst situation here. my phone was rooted before the update. it updated, and it... just... doesnt work. i have tried multiple factory resets. i have tried rooting it again, and restoring everything from before the update via titanium, to no avail. basically, i'll "activate" my phone, it will tell me my phone needs to restart, it'll restart. and everything will still be the same. i still need to "activate" my phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones