• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root First Bionic ROM: UNL3ASH3D-V1.0

Hi everybody. I was wondering if you guys could give me some help.

I came from the OG droid to the bionic. I rooted my bionic as soon as it was available, but I was disappointed that CWR did not have ROMS to download as simply as it did with the droid.

Can you guys tell me if it's worth it to flash this unleashed ROM in the OP? What is the difference b/w it and stock?

To me:

I've noticed a jump in performance like apps open quicker, transitions seem smoother...etc. Also, it removes some bloatware, adds the webtop hack (which is great btw), adds FM radio and there's optional themes.

Upvote 0
Which launcher is theory using for deblurred? I think Kejar is using a modified Super Launcher 2. I'm not a big fan of that but I at least I can replace it with LPP or my current favorite...Go Launcher.

I hate having two launchers on my phone that's why I've kept the Stock Moto UI for now.

ADW. It's nice. Really Nice.

But of course he has already now released Beta 2 of it .... catch it before he takes it down again (I think he said he posts it for 1 hour for each Beta release)

http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?7830-ROM-BETA-D3-BLURR3D-V1.0-PBX-MOTO-Kernel-(10-13-2011)

Reactions: SoDroid and xmr405o
Upvote 0
Hi everybody. I was wondering if you guys could give me some help.

I came from the OG droid to the bionic. I rooted my bionic as soon as it was available, but I was disappointed that CWR did not have ROMS to download as simply as it did with the droid.

Can you guys tell me if it's worth it to flash this unleashed ROM in the OP? What is the difference b/w it and stock?

The Bionic is still only a month old. You're not going to get the amount of ROMs available like the OG Droid has. THat's been out for over a year and plenty of developers have been working on their ROMs for that device. I got the OG Droid the day it came out and didn't root til a month later. Even then there weren't as many ROMs out. Plus there are so many phones out there that only a select few developers may have the Bionic. The OG Droid really didn't have much other devices to deal with. You just have to be patient as developers make these ROMs on their own time. When people dont like what they see in the phone they make their own tweaks and create these ROMs.

As far as Unleashed it removes a lot of the bloatware and is far smoother/faster as xmr405o is describing.

Upvote 0
I am getting some ATCommandService error everytime I start. That's about it. I wasn't fond of ADW as it was screwing around with my Elixir Widgets so I went back to LPP. So far so good. I couldn't get PowerBoost to work as it couldn't create any directories...

AtCommandService FC has already been fixed in Beta 3 together with some other things. (Im tellin ya th3oryrom is quick!). Apparently the reason the AtCommandService FC is because it's trying to look for updates but its not allowed ... or something like that.

Anyways, knowing his speed and passion it wouldn't surprise me if he posts Beta 3 by tonight. Ill make a new thread for it this time around.

Upvote 0
AtCommandService FC has already been fixed in Beta 3 together with some other things. (Im tellin ya th3oryrom is quick!). Apparently the reason the AtCommandService FC is because it's trying to look for updates but its not allowed ... or something like that.

Anyways, knowing his speed and passion it wouldn't surprise me if he posts Beta 3 by tonight. Ill make a new thread for it this time around.

I tried beta2, went back to 1.7. When deblurred is as mature as blurred I may reconsider.

Upvote 0
Hi all. I finally took the plunge and installed 1.7.

But I noticed it did not wipe my internal SD card (the regular sdcard directory, not sdcard-ext). Was it supposed to? I thought I did do a complete wipe, formatting system/data, wipe cache, and dalvik.

Should I reinstall? Also...do I need to bootstrap again or can I just run CWR?

Upvote 0
So ya...i attempted to reinstall deblurred and fix the powerboost. I went thru the whole resetting up the account and decided to clear all the screens in ADW Launcher. Well...i managed to crash it as I deleted the last screen (Why isn't there a safety to prevent deleting the last screen?) and well it crashed before I could do anything. I attempted to go to the market.android.com and try to push launcher pro and go launcher ex with no success. So for the first time I actually did a recovery...and now im back to stock...and reflashing deblurred again lol...thx to dfib for the one click fastboost link :D

Upvote 0
Hi all. I finally took the plunge and installed 1.7.

But I noticed it did not wipe my internal SD card (the regular sdcard directory, not sdcard-ext). Was it supposed to? I thought I did do a complete wipe, formatting system/data, wipe cache, and dalvik.

Should I reinstall? Also...do I need to bootstrap again or can I just run CWR?

Regarding the SD card, you're fine. It should never wipe internal or external storage unless u expressly select it.

I always bootstrap after flashing a rom to be safe. U can use rom manager after bootstrap. Some ROMs may not require it but it won't hurt to do it.

Upvote 0
Thanks. For some reason, my battery was saying 1% when I was on 1.7. So anyway, I decided to switch back to stock just to see if my nandroid restore would work. It took close to 30 minutes for a restore...which I find odd b/c my OG droid restores faster.

Regarding the SD card, you're fine. It should never wipe internal or external storage unless u expressly select it.

I always bootstrap after flashing a rom to be safe. U can use rom manager after bootstrap. Some ROMs may not require it but it won't hurt to do it.

Upvote 0
Thanks. For some reason, my battery was saying 1% when I was on 1.7. So anyway, I decided to switch back to stock just to see if my nandroid restore would work. It took close to 30 minutes for a restore...which I find odd b/c my OG droid restores faster.

Everything takes forever now in cwr. My normal backup time is 25 minutes. On OG it was 10. I have to plan my backups in advance because I know my phone will be out of commission for half an hour.

Upvote 0
Everything takes forever now in cwr. My normal backup time is 25 minutes. On OG it was 10. I have to plan my backups in advance because I know my phone will be out of commission for half an hour.

If I understand your comment as you intended,
I find if I do backup and restore from within rom manager it is much faster. But first be sure to select "quick backup and restore" in rom manager's preferences. It does its job without the verbose file name listing and the progress bar updates.

Upvote 0
I have the Bionic toolkit and bootstrap apps installed, but when ROM Manager was updated and CWR was as well for the BIONIC, I used RM to flash CWR 5.0.2.5.

My Q: do I need to do anything funky to run this ROM (like re-run the bootstrap) in order to flash this ROM, or can I do it perfectly fine in CWR 5.0.2.5?

You don't need to do anything funkie except if you want to run powerboost and have it boot into cwr recovery everytime then you need to remove superuser permission from bootstrap before running the powerboost else it will block the script for booting into cwr everytime. It will boot into cwr the first time and that is it. CWR 5.0.2.5 works fine to flash this rom.

Just remember to wipe like the op say's to avoid issues.

Do I need to wipe everything if coming from 1.7? I don't really want to start from scratch again, I liked the pattern from 1.0->1.6 where all I needed to wipe was cache/dalvik

you have no choice it is written into the rom to do a full wipe.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones