1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

[Fixed]Default SD Card content

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mill, Nov 26, 2009.

1. mill

mill Member

Nov 26, 2009
    I accidentally formated my HTC hero default SD card (due to misunderstanding the SD card is unformatted when I can't see with PC). :eek:

I would like to put back all the htc hero SD card default content. I can't do that with reset the htc hero phone or some unformatted freeware. So can someone please help me on this ? either send me all the htc hero default contents in zip or point me to a site to download them.

Thank you very much.

Advertisement

2. Slug

Slug Check six!

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
  3. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2009
  4. mill

mill Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Thank you so much for the user manual, HTCSync and DCIM.

I check some old post and found that below are the default file and folder (as I never got to see my own Hero's SD card content):

DCIM (got it)
    MP3
    usermanual (I assume inside is the usermanual pdf, downloaded)
    HTCSync2.0.4.exe (downloaded)
    .footprints
    rosie_scroll
    albumthumbs
    .bokmark_thumb1

can someone help me to get the mp3 folder and other folder content ? or at least tell me what are inside those folder. some might be empty by default. I just don't know what I lost...:(

Thank you very much for all the help.

5. david83

david83 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    crime scene person
    UK
    when i put a new sd card in my hero it asked me to reformat. so i did. all the folders have since recreated themselves.

6. mill

mill Member

Nov 26, 2009
    After format (that is what I did wrongly), there will have DCIM, .footprints, roise_scroll and a tmp folder, but insides is empty, don't have any files. I am trying to get back all the folders and files.

7. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Mill, you've pretty much already got everything you need. The MP3 folder just had a few sample music files, and the rest of the folders will be recreated and repopulated automatically by their respective apps.

8. Slug

Slug Check six!

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    +1 for wot the Q-man sed. :)

The first thing I do with any card on first use in my Hero is copy files I want to retain off to disk and then format the card to start with a 'clean sheet'. Any folders required are indeed recreated automatically, so you're missing nothing of importance.

9. AshleyJFordham

AshleyJFordham New Member

Dec 31, 2009
    i done the exact same thing and now i cant go on my wireless controls/settings any ideas? i have a HTC Hero Graphite / Orange

Ash

Tags: