• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Fixing dents on the polished plastic around screen?

gaw316

Jul 19, 2010
Hey guys,

long time lurker here.

So I purchased my Incredible only a few weeks after it was first released. Love it... haven't had problems like a lot of the other people here when they first bought it. Anyways... I love my phone..

What I don't love however, is the freaking case I purchased when I first got the phone. Was a verizon snap on hard cover... broke recently.

Being the clutz that I am, I left the phone on my lap while in the car, and when I stepped out I forgot it was there... and BOOM, clanked on the concrete.

Have some abrasions on the shiny black plastic around the screen...

I was wondering, is there anyway to fix this, or have it repaired? anything?

IT DRIVES ME NUTS!

I did extensive searching, and could only come across this as a possible solution..

Scratch Remover for iPhone 3G S Back, iPod, White MacBook, DVDs, LCD Screens - Ice Creme Scratch Remover Polishes and Restores Surfaces

Would that work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A nick would have to be filled with something (I'm not sure what you would use on plastic) and the filled spot would have to be sanded down level with the surface and then buffed. There's a strong chance it would come out looking worse than it does now, and you'll be even more unhappy.

Why not just put a better case on there so the nicks don't show?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones