• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root flashfire

See bottom of post for my review.

Doesn't work on Volt with CM13, but then again IDGAF.
This really is only good if you don't have a custom recovery, such as TWRP.
I found a Boost Kyocera Hydro Icon with a cracked (fully functional) screen, got it rooted and removed all bloatware. There isn't a working custom recovery yet, so now this is how I'm able to flash things to the device without having to use the PC.
I have tried Flashify on the Icon, but it fails due to lack of built-in ability in stock recovery and reboot choices. With Flashfire it is able to do its intended purpose. It allows different reboot options that let it function properly
IMG_20160617_203250.jpg

Flashify is a great app, but it should've had additional reboot choices. I know that its more involved that, such as a butt load of programming. To be competitive though, it needs to have an update.

REVIEW
I used Flashfire several times on the Kyocera before leaving this post. It works great. I also flashed an opengapps 4.4. and all things google work fine.
There shouldn't be any reason why this wouldn't work on a stock rooted Volt w/o TWRP.

Last edited:
Reactions: mjhealy1978
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones