• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

flashing a rom, question

I wouldn't see how it would be hard to flash unless there is an ESN issue. Hardware wise the phone is identical. I have GB27 on my phone and Google-Play believes I am a Sprint user and not Boost.

The big thing is to have your MSL to get into your device and that is not hard to get.

i cleared my MSL, so all good there. my network reads as sprint on my about phone tab. idk. i think ill leave it as-is, sell it to someone and get a sprint s2/3 and call it a day. i see little to no issues with mms going on sprint phones flashed to cricket.

also, im on GB27 as well, but my network reads as boost mobile. my user name is also some messed up boostmobile something @ boost something but ends with sprintpcs.com.

idk, i tend to ignore that part because when i was flashed on blu kuban, my phone said my ip address was on a DoD network :\

Upvote 0
with the MVNO thing, how is that effecting mms and what im trying to do? thx for the info.

Well this means Cricket is its own actual network, and so they may do things differently. Boost being a MVNO, does not actually have a network and are totally on Sprint. All the network hardware is Sprint. (Sprint owns Boost)

Reactions: Doc
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones