• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Flashing back to stock firmware

Jul 24, 2010
So I've been tinkering around with Odin and flashing to the many firmwares floating around- the latest is the JFM6 i9000 firmware.. Which also included flashing the CSC and kernel..

My question is, since I flashed the csc and kernel, how do I flash back to the stock JF6 rom that came with the phone? Just the pit and .tar (pda)? I have the firmware and the pit file.. just wondering what is entailed because of flashing the additional csc and kernel files as well. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Well for one thing it is in the captivate section and another thing it says stock rom on it and third I have used it numerous times to get my self back to normal after screwing the pooch so to speak.

So listen to people when they tell you its for the captivate. All the i9000 info is so that people with those phones and not flashed to that firmware don't flash this rom as it will mess them up

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones