• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flashing Radios.

Has any tried flashing new radios,whats the # and how did it perform.Also what is the # that came stock with ota 2.1. Mine is 2.42.01.04.27 im guessing thats what came with 2.1 ota.

I would urge those thinking about flashing radios to read through this thread over on XDA first All Current Radios - xda-developers and to urge you to definitely verify the MD5 checksum of such an important file before trying to flash it.

Flashing the wrong radio can apparently be "very bad" :)eek:).

Upvote 0
Has any tried flashing new radios,whats the # and how did it perform.Also what is the # that came stock with ota 2.1. Mine is 2.42.01.04.27 im guessing thats what came with 2.1 ota.

That was the radio version that came with the July OTA update for the Eris. I agree with scary alien - do not flash a radio unless there is some reason to believe that the one that you are using has been improved. It looks like you have the latest and greatest for the eris right now.

Reactions: bcltoys
Upvote 0

You have the newest one available; there is no need for you to do anything.

Except for in extremely rare circumstances, you will have trouble identifying any differences at all between radio firmware revisions; I advise you not to fool with them if possible - you get risk for performing the flashing, but no reward. That's a bad deal, IMO.

eu1

Reactions: bcltoys
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones