• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fly EAGLES Fly

They had never won a Super Bowl before and they struggled this season and kind of “back doored” their way to the Super Bowl.

Only in the minds of the media.

While the pundits and sages always put them as the underdog -- even though they dominated the NFL this year -- if you actually watched the games they were confident, skilled and motivated. There really weren't a lot of lucky wins. A lot of close, high scoring games. Only three losses all year and the last game against Dallas was a throw-away.

Statistically they had top numbers across the board. The thing is that they lost a lot of players due to injury. Sproles, Peters, Wentz , etc. but each time they had a back up and the rest of the team backed-up the back ups. It was a team effort and team win. Let's hope it can stay that way.

and their rabid fans
Geez, throw snowballs at Santa Clause ONE TIME! .... ;) :D

I think they would have won with Wentz, too, but there probably wouldn't have been so much underdog talk. I'm glad Foles was able to get his ring in Philly. He deserved it not only for his performance but because of the way Chip Kelly jerked him around..

Upvote 0
Reactions: Member243850
Upvote 0

Attachments

• poooooo!.jpg
    poooooo!.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 110
Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
I didn't say "all of the Eagles fans are rabid."

You've obviously never been to Philadelphia! ;)

My first experience with Philly Phanticism was the Flyers Stanley Cup parades in the '70s. They won a hat trick of championships in '74, '75 and '76. That was some riotous and raucous revelry. ;) In the '80s the flyers did a threepeat but not consecutively. Plus there was a Phillies World Series Win in 1980 and a Sixers Championship in '83.

We'd have to wait 25 years for our next championship in 2008 (Phillies again) and then there's now. :D

Philly isn't a sports dynasty like NY or the Patriots, but when we do win one, we savor it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones