• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Food experimentation

Does Dave's Insanity sauce on everything count?

21-CU+Flame+Mouth.jpg

Only if you put that *#&@ on everything.

Reactions: pastafarian
Upvote 0
When I was in college I put my last three remaining eatables together for a feast. Half# ground beef, three eggs, and a can of beef gravy with mushrooms. I browned the beef then scrambled in my eggs and poured the gravy over it all. Either I was starved or it wasn't bad.
Keep in mind before trying the above.... While in college, a couple of tubs of cottage cheese and six tomatoes might be a week's groceries.

Upvote 0
Some of these concoctions sound kind of ewwwww....

I'll admit to taking Laverne's advice and trying the Pepsi and milk, but that's about it.

I was invited to a Super Bowl party a few years ago where the host said he was going to make what he called a "Dijourno Burger". He was going to fry a big dijourno-sized patty of meat, and use 2 Dijourno pizza's as the "bread". He swore up and down that it was "good", but it sounded like a heart-attack waiting to happen so I politely declined.

Upvote 0
If you want something rich and you aren't concerned about your arteries.... take a round steak and and pound it thin as you can get it with a meat hammer. Spread a thin layer of stove top stuffing over it and roll it up. Cut the log into two inch sections.. toothpick or two through each to keep it in a roll... batter and fry.
Take the leftover stuffing and stir into a bit of the leftover hot oil with flour and milk and make a gravy to pour over the roll sections and dive in.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones