• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

For those that HAVEN'T received the update...

Maybe Verizon rolls the OTA in batches on 3G so the network doesn't get clogged?

i called 'em when i hadn't seen it late yesterday...

they tell me that, yes, the rollout is phased. unless your number has been called, you can check for updates all you like...ain't gonna happen. once your turn has come up, you should (but clearly may not) receive a notification. if you ignore (or never get), you can initiate the update at a later time by doing a manual check.

also, i have zero cell service at my house...not 3g, not 1x, nada. i downloaded the update last night at home, after a manual forced check...thus it must be checkable/deliverable via wifi.

Upvote 0
No luck with wifi. Restarted phone and checked for update over wifi, but it just hangs at "checking for updates". I guess im one of the few who haven't been authorized by verizon to download the update yet...

Why not just take it into a vzw store and ask them about it? They may be able to download it for you right there since you are having issues

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones