• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root For those trying to ROOT, maybe this will help?

For those having issues, I was having all of them so I was able to get ROOT, here's what I did:

My Computer: Win7 x64

I did the PNY 2GB memory card, that alone didn't work. I did leave it in my phone though.

I tried the 1st and 2nd (loop.bat) method, no luck.

*Note: Leave phone disconnected from USB.*
1. Uninstalled HTCSync, HTC Driver Installer via Control Panel - Programs and Features.
2. Restarted.
3. Reinstalled HTCSync.
4. Restarted.

5. Plug phone into USB (powered off of course!), start at the video step of holding down trackpad and and pressing power to power up. When I opened the CMD Prompt, I right clicked and selected "Run As Administrator..." (Vista/Win7 requires that for certain actions).

It was at this point that I received a balloon in the taskbar that the HTC Bootloader installed successfully. When I followed the next steps in the video, right after the phone errors after trying to install from the SD card, I did get a driver didn't install correctly message. I hit down, then power to select Recovery like the video states, and the phone went to the black screen, and another balloon popped saying driver successfully installed.

At this point, typing adb shell like the video states, it gave the "good" error you want the command prompt to return on the first try. The rest of the video went smooth after.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones