• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

For those who have used ebay

cannon11

Aug 22, 2012
Wisconsin
I plan on using ebay to purchase a used android. It's my first time using ebay. I have a 100$ ebay giftcard. I just have a question. I just set up my paypal account. If I am going to just use my giftcard to pay for the entire total cost of the phone, do I still need to link my back account or credit card to the account? Also, since you can't really just add the card to your paypal balance, you can only type it in during checkout, am I going to be able to "make an offer" on some ebay listings since there is no funds currently in the account? And lastly, are you able to use more than one giftcard to purchase one item? Because I have 2 50$ giftcards.
thank you

I plan on using ebay to purchase a used android. It's my first time using ebay. I have a 100$ ebay giftcard. I just have a question. I just set up my paypal account. If I am going to just use my giftcard to pay for the entire total cost of the phone, do I still need to link my back account or credit card to the account? Also, since you can't really just add the card to your paypal balance, you can only type it in during checkout, am I going to be able to "make an offer" on some ebay listings since there is no funds currently in the account? And lastly, are you able to use more than one giftcard to purchase one item? Because I have 2 50$ giftcards.
thank you

You do not need to link a bank account or credit card to the paypal account. However I have never used a gift card so I can not tell you how it works.

Upvote 0
If you link a card or account to your Paypal, you can make a transaction that exceeds your Paypal total or when you have a $0 balance. For example, you buy a $200 phone. You can input your $100 gift card and then it will say that it is using the gift card and will take additional funds from account xxxx1234 for the remainder

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones