• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Forget to press record

spman

Android Enthusiast
Feb 26, 2013
To record a video using samsung default camera app, i do these steps, press [camera] app>press [video] tab>press round red button

Sometimes after pressing the [video] tab, I forget to press the round record button because I assumed pressing the [video] button makes me think that video has started recording. The red button also makes me thinks that video recording is in progress.

How to prevent video forget to press start record button problem? Is there any app that can display a floating banner text telling me it is recording or not recording, or maybe something to change the round button to a text "press to start" "press to stop"

Thanks

On my S21, initiating a video capture by touching the red button starts the recording and changes the red button to a pause stop option. A third party camera app might be more to your liking but I haven't a suggestion. I find the default app intuitive for me and have not explored other options.

Upvote 0
Isn't their a timer showing when you start to record? To show how long the video is? I don't have a Samsung; I have a Pixel 7. If I don't see the timer so I stop at 30 seconds or whatever, I know it's not recording
at the top there is a timer counting down. but if you use the volume keys to start and stop it is easy to know that you are recording.

Upvote 0
Isn't their a timer showing when you start to record? To show how long the video is? I don't have a Samsung; I have a Pixel 7. If I don't see the timer so I stop at 30 seconds or whatever, I know it's not recording
There is a timer showing after pressing the record button.

Sometimes after pressing the [video] tab, I just forget to press the record button, and the red round button makes me think that recording has started because it is showing red.

Another user had similar experience RecordReminder, Feature to remind user about pressing record button when they forget to press it and miss recording precious mo

Anyway I searched for the word "forgot to press record" / "reminder to record" and there are many people forgot to press record.
e.g.

Last edited:
Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
.......There is a timer showing after pressing the record button.

Sometimes after pressing the [video] tab, I just forget to press the record button, and the red round button makes me think that recording has started because it is showing red.......

This is just something you are going to have to train yourself to remember. Write down on a piece of paper, "Look for Timer, Press Record" a 100 times.

I don't know how bad or serious your forgetfulness is. If it's real bad, maybe seeing a doctor would help

I hope this helps!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones