• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Formating emmc

jamos316

Jul 19, 2011
Sweden, Gothenburg
I'm not sure if you can help me here as not exactly Android related...

I have a big problem that I need your help in solving...
About a month ago I bought a new Mini PC from gearbest Chinese store, it came with windows 8.1 and android 4.4 installed and since it has arrived i have got blue screen errors. i have had many support emails with gearbest and the most i could get out of them was a $28 refund from a $95 PC. At the time I took it as the errors seem to of disappeared. Recently the errors have come back and it seems to be worse as in freezing while in the middle of something, I reported this again and said that I know want the full refund as the situation has made the PC become unusable and they refused. I decided to open a dispute with PayPal in hopes they can get my money back (PayPal has always been great to me in refunding me in the past).
I then wanted to take the matter in my own hands and try to get into the BIOS and reformat, maybe this will help or maybe it won't. I have a Windows 10 installation on a USB drive that I stuck in the PC and got BIOS to boot from it and it just ignored this and went straight to windows 8 startup. I went back in the BIOS and looked at the settings for the EMMC and disabled it and restarted but it went straight into BIOS without looking at the USB so I re-enabled EMMC and it does the same thing booting straight into BIOS. It looks like the EMMC is wiped so I need to install a copy of Windows on it but how?
Any suggestions guys and congratulations if you managed to follow this
003.gif

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones