• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Fresh 4.3.3 ROM and Wifi Tether issues

So I'm a newb to phones but I have two HTC EVO 4gs and rooted both. The only difference between the two being that my phone has the ChopSuey kernel and my wifi tether works and my wife's does not have a kernel and her wifi tether does not work. The issue at hand is that her phone will open the wifi tether app and will allow computers to connect to it but once you try to use the internet it says no connection exists. Any help?

So I'm a newb to phones but I have two HTC EVO 4gs and rooted both. The only difference between the two being that my phone has the ChopSuey kernel and my wifi tether works and my wife's does not have a kernel and her wifi tether does not work. The issue at hand is that her phone will open the wifi tether app and will allow computers to connect to it but once you try to use the internet it says no connection exists. Any help?

well i would try a custom kernel on her phone. the stock kernel i believe does not support wireless n, so that might be the issue.

Reactions: theTrashcanMan
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones