• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Fresh Backup For Metro PCS Device : SGH-T399N Only For Metro Version

Link isn't working anymore, I'm getting the error 409 (Too much traffic). Please get this fixed, as my phone is completely useless without this and I haven't found it anywhere else! If you can't fix the link, please pm me the file @ pyropvp@yahoo.com or zcsymba@gmail.com

This is why you make a backup before doing anything root wise to your phone. You can download the stock rom here http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/41159/T399NUVUANK3_T399NTMBANK3_TMB/ . You just have to annoyingly create a free account to download it.

Upvote 0
This is why you make a backup before doing anything root wise to your phone. You can download the stock rom here http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/41159/T399NUVUANK3_T399NTMBANK3_TMB/ . You just have to annoyingly create a free account to download it.
Thank you for your reply, but sadly this is not for my model of the Samsung Galaxy Light. I have the model T399NUVUANH1 for Metro PCS. If you have a backup for this model, or know where I can obtain one, please contact me.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your reply, but sadly this is not for my model of the Samsung Galaxy Light. I have the model T399NUVUANH1 for Metro PCS. If you have a backup for this model, or know where I can obtain one, please contact me.
That's your baseband not the model. The model is sgh-t399n so you could still flash it but I don't know if it would brick your phone or not.

Upvote 0
That's your baseband not the model. The model is sgh-t399n so you could still flash it but I don't know if it would brick your phone or not.
I took a look at my device info (I flashed a stock rom onto it) and it says I'm using T399NUVUANK3, and when I boot it up it shows the Metro PCS annimation. However, I get no service for my phone. Everything else works fine, and keep in mind that my sim card activated. Any suggestions as to how I can fix that??

Upvote 0
I took a look at my device info (I flashed a stock rom onto it) and it says I'm using T399NUVUANK3, and when I boot it up it shows the Metro PCS annimation. However, I get no service for my phone. Everything else works fine, and keep in mind that my sim card activated. Any suggestions as to how I can fix that??
You would have to flash the modem.bin for the phone although I'm not sure where you could find the file. You'd have to search for it.

Reactions: Symba
Upvote 0
You would have to flash the modem.bin for the phone although I'm not sure where you could find the file. You'd have to search for it.
I tested the original link posted on this thread again this morning, and thankfully it finally worked and I was able to download the backup to my PC. I tried flashing it through Odin (Like I had to do with the ROM I currently have), but I got an error when I tried to do so. I then transferred the backup onto my phone, but when I boot into TWRP and click on restore, there is no file. Is there a specific place I need to place this file so that I can restore it in TWRP? Also do I need to unzip the file, or is it safe to leave it zipped?

Upvote 0
I have my stock ROM and Odin THANK you so much! Now my question is this, my phone SGH-399N is not listed in my TWRP manager as supported. So can I select another model or will it brick me to install the TWRP recovery? If so what can I do to flash my phone with stock?

I don't know what you mean by not listed as supported? Is twrp manager an app or something?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't know what you mean by not listed as supported? Is twrp manager an app or something?
When i rooted my phone I never had TWRP recovery, I only have my stock recovery.So when I got my recovery firmware from you, i installed "TWRP Manager" from Aptoide so I could install TWRP. when I try to install to my phone it prompts me to select my Device. my phone is not in the list i.e. my device is not supported by TWRP.

Upvote 0
Yes and I downloaded the latest version of Odin but I don't know how to use it.

Well all you have to do is put your phone into download mode and connect it to your computer, then you open odin and make sure something is being shown under where it says ID:COM (should be yellow if it detects your phone) , then you click on ap/pda in an odin and choose the rom and click start.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones