• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

From Sprint and HTC on Twitter re Android 2.1

Speaking from experience supporting a hardware product that gets frequent software updates, even when we're in beta and plan on releasing within a week, we tend to tell customers sometime in the next two months.

It's a CYA kinda thing, even if Sprint/HTC were ready to release today, they'd probably still say '1H2010' just incase they find a major problem before release.

Our customers generally tend to find it a nice surprise when a fix they're waiting for 'sometime in the next couple of months' turns into next Tuesday.

Upvote 0
Speaking from experience supporting a hardware product that gets frequent software updates, even when we're in beta and plan on releasing within a week, we tend to tell customers sometime in the next two months.

It's a CYA kinda thing, even if Sprint/HTC were ready to release today, they'd probably still say '1H2010' just incase they find a major problem before release.

Our customers generally tend to find it a nice surprise when a fix they're waiting for 'sometime in the next couple of months' turns into next Tuesday.

i dont share ur optimism, but im still keeping my fingers crossed that you are correct.

Upvote 0
I'm optimistic that this will drop early in 2010. I agree with PKING in that they will draw a longer timeline than needed, just in case something comes up. And that's cool with me! That way they can catch any major issues before I loose phone calls or any other weird issues.

I seem to recall the OTA update having a longer expected timeframe and coming in as a surprise.. although they were pretty vague on when it was going to come out. At least this time we get a formal announcement saying "it's coming... sometime soon." ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones