• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FroYo 2.2 for Legend

I can access all (I think) paid and free apps in the Market. H/w, I have never tried d/ling any of the paid apps yet. My apps (~30) are currently free so far.

I see, so u do get to buy apps there. Sigh.... paid apps ain't available here in M'sia. There were some apps I wanted, had to find replacements for it. Now I've forgotten which was the one I wanted. Lol.

OK enough ranting, back to topic.

After using froyo for a few weeks on legend now, I'd says I'm quite happy with it. Everything feels smother, except that after about a week it starts to lag a little, then its time to reboot the phone and everything is smooth again.
Live wallpapers eats too much CPU. However, I found an interesting live wallpaper that's good on the CPU. Its called multipicture live wallpaper. It gives all your screens a different still picture, but can rotate the pics every X amount of set time. Theres alot of setting can play with, and its FREE. For those who dislike 1 still wallpaper for all screens.

Upvote 0
I see, so u do get to buy apps there. Sigh.... paid apps ain't available here in M'sia. There were some apps I wanted, had to find replacements for it. Now I've forgotten which was the one I wanted. Lol.

After using froyo for a few weeks on legend now, I'd says I'm quite happy with it. Everything feels smother, except that after about a week it starts to lag a little, then its time to reboot the phone and everything is smooth again.
Live wallpapers eats too much CPU. However, I found an interesting live wallpaper that's good on the CPU. Its called multipicture live wallpaper. It gives all your screens a different still picture, but can rotate the pics every X amount of set time. Theres alot of setting can play with, and its FREE. For those who dislike 1 still wallpaper for all screens.

some apps are available straight from dev.
I would suggest a wipe, it clears all that up.
I USED TO USE THAT!!! saw it on XDA somewhere :) it's great

Upvote 0
some apps are available straight from dev.
I would suggest a wipe, it clears all that up.
I USED TO USE THAT!!! saw it on XDA somewhere :) it's great

Yea... I did buy Tasker straight from the dev. But I do wish that theres a reason why we cant download somewhere around.... It may be a bit too much to ask, but... well... its nice to know.

Yeah... the multipicture is on the market now tho.
MultiPicture Live Wallpaper - Android app on AppBrain

Upvote 0

Maybe it's because I am not too choosy but the free apps have so far met my needs. :D

I am looking for an Android tablet now. Now choosing between the Samsung Galaxy Tab vs Viewsonic 7 vs China- made OEM ones. Still undecided but if the specs are comparable, I will go for the Chinese OEM ones as they are way cheaper.

Upvote 0
Yea... I did buy Tasker straight from the dev. But I do wish that theres a reason why we cant download somewhere around.... It may be a bit too much to ask, but... well... its nice to know.

Yeah... the multipicture is on the market now tho.
MultiPicture Live Wallpaper - Android app on AppBrain
Drop by in Singapore, buy a local SIM card and d/l all you require before going back M'sia. If you are staying at Johore, it should be fairly convenient.

Upvote 0
I am looking for an Android tablet now. Now choosing between the Samsung Galaxy Tab vs Viewsonic 7 vs China- made OEM ones. Still undecided but if the specs are comparable, I will go for the Chinese OEM ones as they are way cheaper.

you not waiting for Honeycomb?
I am :) unless there are founded rumours of what Ice Cream is and if they sound BEAST, I'll wait for that

Upvote 0
Now that android 2.2 is out through europe, when am I going to get the upgrade for my vodafone legend in AUSTRALIA?

Not sure if you picked up on this but you can d/load from the HTC site now....

See:

ROM Upgrade for HTC Legend (Vodafone)

I am on the VHA network in Syndey and the update has worked ok for me. Caution though - this method of update will wipe all progs and data from your device - backup !

Upvote 0
Hi

I have checked my phones settings... Vodophone P-as-Y-Go to find i have
Android 2.2 with Build no. 3.14.161.1 CL282424 Release keys ( UK resident )

Is this the Froyo 2.2 upgrade that everyone 's talking about here ?

When i bought the Legend it came with 2.1 Eclair so the phone must have updated itself via Vodophone as I have not done any upgrades .

Can anyone confirm this ?

Cheers Shaun

Upvote 0
Can anyone give me step-by-step instructions on using a gold card to install the WWE edition of FroYo for the Legend? Everything I find tells me how to root but not how to just install the WWE as per my request on this thread:

http://androidforums.com/legend-sup...33871-help-legend-not-updating-wifi-gone.html

I'm fairly computer savvy but don't want to cock this up because my wife is an iPhone 4 user and will not only rip on me for being Android but also for the $500 I spent on the handset if I brick it :)

Upvote 0
Hi

I have checked my phones settings... Vodophone P-as-Y-Go to find i have
Android 2.2 with Build no. 3.14.161.1 CL282424 Release keys ( UK resident )

Is this the Froyo 2.2 upgrade that everyone 's talking about here ?

When i bought the Legend it came with 2.1 Eclair so the phone must have updated itself via Vodophone as I have not done any upgrades .

Can anyone confirm this ?

Cheers Shaun

you will have had a message saying it wants an upgrade, it takes about 10 minutes so you may've forgotten it.
Yep it is, Voda put it out ages ago :)

Upvote 0
I just found a vid on unlockr about unrooting the phone - basically they said to hook it up with HTC synch and run the app from Windows - would this actually work?

that's unrooting, what you want to do is flash a ROM without root using a goldcard I believe? I read the thread you pointed me to.
That is basically what the root process does, but it needs other things as well.
I don't think it's possible tbh and if it were, it would pretty much be rooting but putting in a different ROM and I don't think that'd work.

If I were you, I would just root using theunlockr's guide and flash it, I think that would actually be SAFER than what you want to do (as far as I know)

I'd like to add that I've never heard of a fully bricked Legend

Reactions: Pfitzy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones