• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Froyo 2.2 update fail (yellow exclamation point)

Thanks for the detailed reply! I posted a thread on the sdx boards.

Do you think reflashing would help?

I honestly don't know if reflashing can help. I always assume that if it works, it works. I don't know if you can have a "partially bad" flash?

At least you're getting some answers and replies over there. I would've posted it in the actual Slapkernal thread, or at least put slapkernal in the title, but hopefully they'll see it anyway.

Upvote 0
I honestly don't know if reflashing can help. I always assume that if it works, it works. I don't know if you can have a "partially bad" flash?

At least you're getting some answers and replies over there. I would've posted it in the actual Slapkernal thread, or at least put slapkernal in the title, but hopefully they'll see it anyway.

I don't know if you saw the last post I wrote, but I reflashed, completely wiping everything afresh and the GPS is now working! :) Thanks again..

Reactions: Billkwando
Upvote 0
my update failed.. firmware is 2.2 froyo... trying to update to ginger 2.3.6 via odin, in short it failed, now my phone has phone to computer with warning sign on the screen, whatever i do nothing works... any help... my phone doesn't recognize the combo reboot download/recovery mode... pls help

I'm no help here. I thought we could go no higher than Froyo unless Sprint/Samsung released new firmware specifically for this model phone (which they would never do, cos frankly, it's a piece of crap).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones