• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
wow weird, it got deleted on me also, I restarted the phone, no update -?- Says my system is "up to date" with 2.1 :( -droidosis-

Hmm, mine is still there. If you tried to update, it may have deleted b/c it thought you were already updated?

if you're rooted, I am guessing that you have an alternate recovery -which would have blocked the actual installation of it....

But hte update was probably not smart enough to figure that out, so it deleted itself as the last step of the update, is my guess.

Hmmm... I have the "assisted" OTA of FRG01B... Im wondering if I need to go back to 2.1 to get back on the update cycle....

I took it back to 2.0.1 last week and it never would update back up to 2.1....

Funny thing is, I ma running a custom ROM based on FRG22 (same one I was running Saturday). Both time I have gotten this notification.

But, yeah, in order to get it and install it, you'll need to be on any older 2.0/2.0.1/2.1 ROM *aka Eclair).

Unless that 45.2 MB update is still sleeping somewhere on my phone. You think they are pushing out the 01 update, and then the second patch come droid2 release day..an all in one update day? -droidosis-

Doubt they'll do it that fast. I still haven't seen an officially released FRG22 yet....

Upvote 0
Yep. Always stock on this phone. When I did the restart to install, I yanked the bat when the phone turned off, grabbed the card - mounted it with my reader, no update.zip was there. I could of messed it up. One thing I noticed is the link it used in alogcat to dl, it had that code (e48ff...) in the front, and the link was something like http://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/e48ff.signed-voles,etc.etc. It scrolled by so fast and was gone, did not get a chance to save the log. Screwed the pooch on that one. -droidosis-

Upvote 0
Yep. Always stock on this phone. When I did the restart to install, I yanked the bat when the phone turned off, grabbed the card - mounted it with my reader, no update.zip was there. I could of messed it up. One thing I noticed is the link it used in alogcat to dl, it had that code (e48ff...) in the front, and the link was something like http://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/e48ff.signed-voles,etc.etc. It scrolled by so fast and was gone, did not get a chance to save the log. Screwed the pooch on that one. -droidosis-

You can the one from Pete's Site manually using the instructions in the top of the sticky thread for manually applying update 1 by Trident

That will work (and it is the file I got Sat - same file as the one you just had).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones