• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Frozen in Recovery after Data Wipe

I booted my nook from an SD card for the first time and everything went smoothly. I wanted to run a different ROM so I put it on the sd card, shut off the nook, and rebooted it. When I got into recovery I wiped data/factory reset and after the process completed my Nook froze.

Right now its stuck on the recovery screen that says:
-reboot system now
-apply update from sdcard
-wipe data/factory rest
-wipe cache partition
etc,

At the bottom is says that the data wipe was complete. None of the hardware buttons work and it wont shut off or anything.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?
TIA

One of the many reasons I'm not a fan of sdcards (no secret).

You should be able to hold down your power button (30 secs?) to get it to power off. Then you'll want to see if your stock rom still works by popping out the card or using the boot menu.

Assuming that's still ok, you may want to see what state your sdcard rom is in by trying to boot it up again. You may need to copy the new rom to it again, if you don't see it on the sdcard. After wiping caches/data, your first boot will take much longer. If it's more than 10 minutes, it's probably not going to boot and you need to try something different.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones