• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help frozen screen

ermen

Lurker
Aug 3, 2011
Hi, I've read various threads here dealing with the same problem as mine but they quickly get very technical so please speak to me as though I'm a three year old!
My htc one s has frozen mid startup. Rebooting is making no difference. I have managed to get onto the safe mode screen (with Andy on a skateboard) and cleared the cache but that didn't cure the problem.
Here's my big problem; I have all my photos from six months on my phone as well as all my contacts and while I have posted some photos on facebook, the majority have not been backed up or uploaded.
Having read other threads I don't think I have rooted my phone as I don't even know what that means!
Please help, how can I unfreeze my phone while saving my photos and contacts!
Thank you in advance.

Do you have adb installed?. If yes, then download free Android Ultimate tool box pro. Plug your phone into usb anf start the program(windows). if found your device, trough file manger, you will be able to save your photos( this program will by-pass a screen lock). Try Android Commander too. About the contacts - I am not that smart, but see if you can save them too.

Reactions: ermen
Upvote 0
pc. Download the adb( search xda) and put into a folder. No need to be on main drive, but my help. Some programs have own adb build in. My main 3 programs on PC are Droid Commander, Android Commander, Android Ultimate Tool Box Pro. All of them free. All of them have adb and fastboot build in. Just search xda.
Some my require net framework 4.0 or 4.5 that you can download from Microsoft.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones