• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root frustrated w/ this

suchanoob

Feb 27, 2011
I cannot seem to Hot Reboot in either ROM I've flashed (Viper, Stock w/ Goodies) .. now I'm not even sure of the benefit of hot rebooting, but the simple fact that I cannot makes me want to fix it. It gets to the boot animation and just stays there.

I noticed it when I tried changing the font in the Viper Hub, upon selection it prompts you to accept a reboot to apply the font .. from there it gets to the boot animation and stays there .. after this, in messing around I noticed it happens in Hot Reboot as well.

I've tried flashing (always clean installs) these ROM's several times, in three different versions of TWRP, tried custom kernels and I've yet to fix it. Not sure what to do next.

any ideas?

I cannot seem to Hot Reboot in either ROM I've flashed (Viper, Stock w/ Goodies) .. now I'm not even sure of the benefit of hot rebooting, but the simple fact that I cannot makes me want to fix it. It gets to the boot animation and just stays there.

I noticed it when I tried changing the font in the Viper Hub, upon selection it prompts you to accept a reboot to apply the font .. from there it gets to the boot animation and stays there .. after this, in messing around I noticed it happens in Hot Reboot as well.

I've tried flashing (always clean installs) these ROM's several times, in three different versions of TWRP, tried custom kernels and I've yet to fix it. Not sure what to do next.

any ideas?
how long are you waiting? does wipeing dalvik cache and cache help? which roms have you tried besides viper?

Upvote 0
how long are you waiting? does wipeing dalvik cache and cache help? which roms have you tried besides viper?

I also tried Stock w/ Goodies w/ the same result.. I've waited up to 20 minutes, and have tried wiping cache / dalvik.

again, it's ultimately inconsequential (aside from not being able to set the font in Viper).. but, something drives my mind batshit when I'm running a ROM that has malfunctioning options.. lol

so, I've since flashed MeanBean (doesn't offer hotboot) and everything is peachy for now.. installing GoLauncher for the first time is keeping me busy too.

I've messed around w/ AOKP and love the customizing abilities but it seems certain functions become less sharp.. GPS locking etc..

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I also tried Stock w/ Goodies w/ the same result.. I've waited up to 20 minutes, and have tried wiping cache / dalvik.

again, it's ultimately inconsequential (aside from not being able to set the font in Viper).. but, something drives my mind batshit when I'm running a ROM that has malfunctioning options.. lol

so, I've since flashed MeanBean (doesn't offer hotboot) and everything is peachy for now.. installing GoLauncher for the first time is keeping me busy too.

I've messed around w/ AOKP and love the customizing abilities but it seems certain functions become less sharp.. GPS locking etc..
hmmmm yeah that is odd and frustrating. i'm glad that meanbean is working better for you.

and if you like aokp then you might want to try pacman. i do not have any issues with gps lock with this rom....however, nor did i with aokp.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones