• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Full version of Angry Birds

I still can't get the damn thing installed, but its looking like its working with some rooted phones. Mine isn't rooted at all however. Though now that I'm coming up on having my eris for a year I was thinking of finally rooting just to change things up for the last 6 or so months I'll have this thing

I just really want to play angry birds!!!!!

Upvote 0
I downloaded this game from getjar as well but for some reason can't install it. It always tells me that I am out of space on my phone even thought I probably deleted 8 apps to try and get it on there. I currently have 44.78MB free on my internal storage. Does anyone know what I need exactly?

I had to free 50mb to get it to install on my Eris... I uninstalled bigger apps until I was at about 51mb free... then Angry Birds Installed... then I reloaded the apps I uninstalled...

Upvote 0
I'm also having this issue on my Eris. Just so you know, it isn't an Eris specific issue. I was reading about it happening on some Samsung phones as well. (Here Angry Birds graphic problem)

It's apparently an issue with the graphics driver on the phones? Angry Birds needs a more recent Opengl driver than what is natively on the Eris, or so that's what I've pieced together from some quick internet searching :p

Perhaps there is a root out there that will update the graphics driver?

Upvote 0
I had to free 50mb to get it to install on my Eris... I uninstalled bigger apps until I was at about 51mb free... then Angry Birds Installed... then I reloaded the apps I uninstalled...

Exactly the same for me, get to 50+mb free and it will install. Does anyone have an eris that doesn't have the white boxes? Its just not powerful enough for the game apparently (though maybe the rooters have it running good)

I have the white areas where there would normally be dirt, not a big deal, a few test shots with your birds will give you a good idea of the area, and if all else fails just search that level on youtube and pause it before any tips are given away.

Upvote 0
You need at least 50MB to install it but it only takes up 14MB???

I didn't notice the background was not supposed to be white untill I looked at the walk throughs on Youtube.

It makes it a thousand times harder when the birds bounce off invisible things.

Basically all the dirt/hills and barriers are white instead of brown etc. So with a white background they are invissible!!

On the harder levels it's starting to get highly frustrating.

Hope it gets fixed :mad:

Upvote 0
Anybody else having trouble with the game locking up while playing? I'm on level 50 or 51 and twice last night the game locked up. The music was still playing but the screen froze. I could press home and use other functions on my phone, but when I went back to AB it was still frozen. A peak at Running Services did not show AB running so that I could kill it. The only way I found to reset the game was to restart my phone.
In case it makes a difference, I'm rooted and running Nonsensikal ver 8.something.

Upvote 0
After I cleared up 50mb of space, I got it to install and now am enjoying it! I have it running on the xtrSENSE 4.6 ROM with no problems.

I can't get it to be playable on ANY roms I've tried. I've tried three or four different froyo roms, flashed and reflashed different kernels, and tried the xtrSENSE 4.6xx rom. No weird graphical issues, but the game is completely unplayably stuttery. Literally 1-2 frames per second. On XDA some people say the Eris just can't run it. Others say it runs fine. Who the heck is right, and what am I doing wrong??

Upvote 0
I can't get it to be playable on ANY roms I've tried. I've tried three or four different froyo roms, flashed and reflashed different kernels, and tried the xtrSENSE 4.6xx rom. No weird graphical issues, but the game is completely unplayably stuttery. Literally 1-2 frames per second. On XDA some people say the Eris just can't run it. Others say it runs fine. Who the heck is right, and what am I doing wrong??

dunno. but it runs great on my Eris with xtrSense. I have run the heck out of it. I even ran the holiday version for awhile but took it off to free up some memory. Have you used the free app Adfree? it takes off the annoying advertisments on free programs. Maybe those are the cause of some of your lagginess. I also make sure I set the screen not to time out, because if it goes to sleep and you have to wake it up, it will mess the game up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones