• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Funny commercials

Windows Phone Commercials are really funny. You have everyone fighting over iOS and Android, and they show off a really cool thing that only Windows Phone has. (41MP Camera)

The Surface tablet VS the Ipad is funny, too. Put that Surface up against my Acer A500----It does have a USB port, it can use a keyboard, and it can do HDMI out with no adapter. It might be older and slower, but MLB baseball works just fine.

Don't get too enamored of megapixels on cameras. The smaller the sensor, the higher the MP, the more noise. If the camera isn't noisy, then rave on the controlling software.
My DSLR is only 10 and the Bridge camera is 14.

Upvote 0
I saw that Edeka one. It is funny. I forwarded it to my boss as he does radio commercials and is into most marketing.

Wonder how that would have done in the Superbowl.

BTW - most conservatives are still annoyed with Coke's America. I need to find the words in Esperanto, then explain that I'm an alien from Akrab. I do know about translation sites but don't feel like doing it just yet.

Upvote 0
Long dormant thread, but what the heck.:D

Going back a few years further; I'm sure many have seen this one as well, and never sure I believe it's all real.....But still fun.

that is pretty cool. I saw that commercial before. but did not know it was all real with NO computer enhancements. which makes it even more awesome.

BUT!!!!
at 50 seconds in.. the wheels (several tires and all) go up hill?
how? is the floor in that area not flat and level???
something doesn't add up for me!

Upvote 0
I agree, Dan.
I have always wanted to believe it was real, and am pretty sure Honda themselves stood behind it, says it is. Also, I was turned on to it originally by an ex-GF who had nothing to do with that particular ad, but was hooked up in the world of practical effects and post production, etc.

But my spidey sense tingles at a few of the sequences; There are several moments when something doesn't add up.

Think of the setup involved after every failed take; The oil to mop up, the potential for scratches on the hood, on and on. I doubt they ever got to a point where the could do the first 40% perfectly every time, then graduated to 50% reliably every time, etc. Must have been unimaginably frustrating. Just the camera tracking alone must have been a feat. A robot camera suspended from the ceiling?

And beyond that, who came up with the concept, and then had the horsepower to convince the people (with the money and the say-so) to green light the effort, for an ambitious concept clearly doomed to fail?

Not truly a funny one, but thought it worthwhile enough to bend the rules.

P.S.
Years ago, I did a museum installation for some wacky artist, one component of it was interactive; Push the button, and from a slot in the ceiling, 20 feet above, a garage door opener would pay out a tape reel, on the end of which was a white tuxedo gloved hand. It would drop down and strike a single note on a piano keyboard, then retreat and reset. Thought I would go nuts just trying to get something that simple to work reliably.:mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones