• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FYI Helium backup works on the Z5

Shotgun84

Extreme Android User
May 30, 2011
Cambridgeshire, England
So since the marshmallow update I've had a lot of problems. Being unrooted I've been reluctant to wipe as one of the problems I've had is that the xperia backup was bugged out. Finally I bit the bullet. Spent hours trying different methods to backup with no avail. Was going to wipe with no backup but then thought why not try Helium. I wasn't expecting it to work as they even say in their description that it doesn't work with Xperias. It backed up my apps and data to Box and restored them without any problems. Can't say if it backs up the phone settings too as I was also having troubles connecting my phone to my PC as it kept reconnecting every minute. So if you're having problems like me give helium a try ;)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones