• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help G850F official 5.0.2 - periodic audio disappearance in all apps

djrem3000

Lurker
Apr 12, 2016
Model: G850F
ROM: most latest official 5.0.2 LRX22G.G850FXXU2COI3
CSC: SEB
Baseband version: G850FXXU1COI3

Problem:
Random periodic audio disappearance in all apps, including incoming and outgoing calls.

Symptoms:
When trying to make an outgoing call - i can see the "Dialing" text, but no sound and no further actions, the phone is not actually calling, i can hear no sound, no ringing. The same if i get the incoming call - i couldn't hear any ring, while trying to pick up the phone (i can see on the display, that someone is calling) - the call application freezes.
No sound in any application. Phone starts to heat, in process manager i can see, that the "spi1" process is overloading the CPU. According to the adb phone debugging the "spi1" process refers to the audio chip, connected to serial peripheral bus of the phone. Only restart of the phone helps.
The problem occurrs - ~twice a week.

Tried:
To reset the phone to factory default settings, wipe cache, no 3rd party apps installed (only default stock apps).
Have contacted the samsung warranty center for 6 times already, they have replaced the following parts: the main board (they stated, that they replaced it, but IMEI did not change, a little bit weird ?), finger scanner, display. Nothing helps, the problem still present. :thinking:

I will never never never never buy a SAMSUNG phone anymore :)

As far as i remember, the problem was present in the initial Android 4.4.4 but it more rarely occurred.
Tried googling - nothing helps despite of the simplest advices.

Confused, did not have any ideas. Don't want to void warranty to try the custom ROM.

Any help highly appreciated. :rolleyes:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones