• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Ace calendar/alarm notification

Hi guys.

Firstly, hello as it's my first post.
Apologies if it's a very silly question.
My wife has a Samsung Galaxy Ace, and I can't work out how to get the calendar alerts working when the phone is in standby mode.
The clock alarm works fine, the phone rings fine etc when in standby. But the calendar alarms don't sound at all. They do work fine when the phone is fully on, but that is not particularly of much use. I realize that these things won't work when the phone is off, but all I am doing is clicking the top right hand button once and putting it into standby mode. I have set it up to use a password code (is that the problem?!)
Am I missing something here:thinking:?
Again, apologies if it's a stupid question, but it's driving me (and her) nuts!
Thanks
Phil

PS Looks like a great forum here; I'll be using this quite a bit I suspect!

Thanks for the reply.

When you say 'scroll down to set the alarms' do you mean the reminders?
I set reminders for 15, 10, 5 and 1 min. Then press 'done' and it says I have saved an event. Alarm is not mentioned as far as I can see.
But the only 'reminder' that sounds - once - is the 15 minute one. I presumed that it would sound with all of them.
I can't see anything else to set.
I must be doing something wrong, or misunderstanding what reminders are supposed to do.
Cheers
Phil

Upvote 0
Odd. I have alarms on mine:
SC20111227-094918.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones