• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Mini Battery Drains Fast when using some Network Carriers

n2011

Lurker
Aug 7, 2011
Hi,
I am in kuwait and i am using Wataniya Carrier sim card. On using this SIM card my battery drains in 7 hours even on standby. So i changed the SIM card from the Same Network Carrier WATANIYA, but still the problem was not resolved.:mad:

Later i tested to another carrier called VIVA in kuwait. On using VIVA sim card in my phone, battery stands up for upto 2 and a half DAYS, even on heavy usage like Wifi, Bluetooth and making or recieving calls in 3G mode.:cool:

SO whom to blame WATANIYA or Mini GALAXY :thinking:

If anyone has similar problem and not yet resolved try on different carrier and check.:)

If anyone has resolved the same problem without changing the carrier please share your solution.:rolleyes:

This can all be explained by signal strength and mast location of different carriers.

If your handset is set to WCDMA and carriers A's signal for that is either weak, or non-existent, the phone will be constantly searching for a lock and using battery.

However, if you are using carrier B that has a powerful signal the phone will lock on and stay fixed with hardly any battery drain.

One way to save battery in a weak, or marginal, WCDMA signal area is to do the following:-

1) In dial pad, enter *#*#4636#*#*

2) Select Phone information and navigate down to "Set preferred network type" and tap on the menu underneath.

3) Select "GSM auto (prl)" and exit the menu.

Hope this helps. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones