• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy note UK ICS update available now!

I was wondering because my Kies is updating itself as I type; thought it was ICS!

Wondering if I should do a factory reset first. I suppose I can do that later if I feel the need. I have over 100 downloaded apps - yikes!

And yes - a firmware update is available - here goes!

See you on the other side!

Ian

dont worry mate i had over 60apps etc on mine when i updated and it kept them all...even kept my go launcher settings although i now use nova

regards

Baz

Upvote 0
Based on the two hours of use since I updated to ICS the battery is draining at about 8% per hour, which means about 13 hours of use, which seems pretty normal as I have been using it quite a lot and wifi has been on constantly. According the power usage graphs the screen is taking by far the most power (69%). I did have a widget set the screen to auto mode (based on ambient brightness) prior to the update - not sure if that is still working.

Ian

Upvote 0
Just upgraded mine via Kies. Went perfectly! All apps there, all the screens exactly as they were. And I am very happy to report that the phone is as smooth as silk! Exactly what has been missing from my Note is now there - smoothness! It's no longer stuttering when scrolling through contacts, apps respond when the button is pressed (not three seconds after it's pressed), and GoLauncher animations are silky smooth just like they were on my S2. I am one very happy bunny!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones