• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Note4

My first method was to use a root system app unistaller later later I began using another methed to debloat. I ditched the app aproch and began using a rooted file manager. Create a new foulder on external sd then go to device, system app or priv-app and coppy the file with the app/libs/foulder as a whole to external sd. Then Id return to system and unistall what I just backbup .Of course, if things go wrong knowing the ptoper permission of each folder/file/lib/app is necessary.

Something I discovered with custom roms for N4. Yes I go there the custom roms now. :) Every one of them left the file but changed the permission. Everything inside the file deleated. I have never been able to find why they all leave an empty file behind with changed permission. I only knew that there a resaen behind this. Its no just happenstance and there must be a purpose. System Knox on my Samsung deleted
Screenshot_2020-01-11-00-54-29.png
Screenshot_2020-01-11-00-54-24.png

This is by far the cleanest and best method to manually debloat. Of course, Its not like Im saying you can uninstsll the systrm ui and have s working device.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But tell me one thing..would you know what to script in the build prop to make the phone display the once or always dialog..also I've been wanting to experiment on it in the part (exhibits1)..switch where it says "white" to put "black"..or maybe where it says "sugar"..
So could you tell me what yours says..since your are in black windows..and in guessing too I can come up with a scrip about that dialog I've been telling you about..

So you
Yes I do but its mot compatible. Im not a 100% but more like 85% to 90% . I can provide the link if you wish to download it. I can tell you among other files and foulder there are 2 .jar files. Xposed framework and instsller adds so much awesomeness and much less risky. I'll get you the link but remember Im not suggesting you instsll it. Of couse its your phone

Upvote 0
But tell me one thing..would you know what to script in the build prop to make the phone display the once or always dialog..also I've been wanting to experiment on it in the part (exhibits1)..switch where it says "white" to put "black"..or maybe where it says "sugar"..
So could you tell me what yours says..since your are in black windows..and in guessing too I can come up with a scrip about that dialog I've been telling you about..

So you

So you
Screenshot_2020-01-11-02-32-51.png

Upvote 0
Create a new foulder on external sd then go to device, system app or priv-app and coppy the file with the app/libs/foulder as a whole to external sd

So what sort of file is that..that you pasted in the privete app folder..and to intend what..what's the purpose of that file..not asking why you put it there..i know by moving it there it becomes part of the main system..but what's the name and it's content?

Also I still don't understand what knox is for..so I haven't uninstall it just yet..don't want to make the system of my phone to trip..and it does trip every times I delete a pre installed up that I want to get rid off..I try not to mess with what I can't beggin to comprehend..and knox is one of them..I read all the time people that say have deleted..

So that app BOB is your xposed app?

Reactions: MrJavi and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Screenshot_2020-01-12-00-20-26.jpg
So what sort of file is that..that you pasted in the privete app folder..and to intend what..what's the purpose of that file..not asking why you put it there..i know by moving it there it becomes part of the main system..but what's the name and it's content?

Also I still don't understand what knox is for..so I haven't uninstall it just yet..don't want to make the system of my phone to trip..and it does trip every times I delete a pre installed up that I want to get rid off..I try not to mess with what I can't beggin to comprehend..and knox is one of them..I read all the time people that say have deleted..

So that app BOB is your xposed app?

knox and ItsOn are Samsung security and dont play well with root.

Upvote 0
Ok not pasting in private app drawer but copying it to external sd as a backup. Deleting system apps is risky and dangerous. If after reboot you notice issues and provide your able to still use the root file manager to repace the system file you previously deleted. Then set the correct
permission to file and all contents and reboot.

The imag is telated to Knox and itson related to you previous question.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-01-12-00-20-26.jpg
    313.8 KB · Views: 69
Upvote 0
I just discovered Itson is only on Sprint phones. One of the first system app I removed was Samsung Gaxaxy app or Galaxy. Not to be confused with Samsung Galaxy store. I still have the Galaxy store, I recommend keeping the it.

Samsung Galaxy is a pre-installed system app that is used for data mining and harvesting user information. The pics show the app receivers.

1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
4.png

Attachments

• 6.png
    6.png
    676.8 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: Xavier Black
Upvote 0
Hey there!, well I removed it..ALL OF IT..the five or six components of it..and so far haven't gotten any problems or "force to close"..the screen shots are working..not funny windows..in fact..since I removed it..the battery is been barely at 91° while in heavy use and about 83° at not use (remember I was complaining about the battery been so high?)..so that's a good thing considering all what's been told by the community about knox..like something not to mess with..well there it is

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0
Now I know exactly what you meant by copying and pasting and how to do it..that was a great article too, thank you very much..I'm just collecting all the right data and files and resources before I preside with my intend..

Sorry to be stubborn and sound repetitive..but tell me again..and exactly with what method was that you were able to achieve the "once or always" dialog???..

I'm asking because that's mostly what I want..and if I can avoid the custom rom and rest of it..just by a little simple method even though I already downloaded every thing I need and wasted all those gigs off of data..i'd rather do that, feel me?

Upvote 0
https://www.google.com/amp/s/forum....910t3uvs3eqe2-stock-rooted-odex-t3635629/amp/

This rom may be of interest. Says removing knox cause problems so knox is not removed. Thats a first :)

There is a link inthis thread to download the Xposed (post 3) but it is a bit confusing. I can provide you with another link that works on my N4 if youd like. Make sure to download both the Xposed famework .zip and the Xposed framework uninstaller .zip. If you bootloop just fash the unistaller .zip.

Reactions: Xavier Black
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones