• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S running really slow

Right my phone rocks because i don't have blouted firmware on, Plus you need to really vet your phone apps like twitter and facebook only need to sync when you say so, Every one gos mad for laucher pro well on stock it will drain your resources don't get me wroung it rocks but needs to be on a custom rom to work. Also shut active widgets of like google search and any news app that updates.
Samsung do there own task manager this is not a aggressive as task killer plus if you go into app manager and see what apps are running. Plus some apps will not work properly with others.
On 2.3 when we get it there changing the file system to EXT4 so that will speed up every thing. GPS now that will slow things down so shut it off 3g yes 3g if you can use wifi Now also the cache in apps as well clear that out turn bluetooth off as well plus most of these will double your battery life.

The biggest problem is the firmware network no nothing about firmware so debrand you don't have to go custom just stock the best custom rom is Darkeys 9.3 at the moment i have never had to run lag fixes even on darkys i don't but stock rom is alot faster then Branded

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones