• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S2 text smileys

TinnyMinny

Lurker
Dec 11, 2011
Hi all,
Noob here and I have a few questions.
I just got the galaxy s2, I'm coming from a blackberry 8900. I love the phone but have a few dislikes about it that the blackberry had and this doesn't.
1) When texting someone I send a smiley and it shows as the icon, however when someone else send ME a smiley it shows in plain character keyboard format. Is there a way to make it show what smiley I am being sent?
2) Is there a quick one button push to answer the phone other than using the swipe on accept or reject?
3) Is there someway it can "show" me I have received a text if I haven't heard the notifier tone other than pushing on/off and unlocking the screen?
I'm sure I will have more to come as I use this phone and appreciate the features it has.

Thanks for your time.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones