• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S3 I9300 not functioning properly after CM-14.1-20161225-NIGHTLY update

liveondead

Nov 30, 2016
Hi all,
My International Galaxy S3 I9300 running on CyanogenMod was working fine until yesterday. There are many problems after i updated my phone. First of all, there was frequent pop-up notification saying unfortunately, android.process.acore has stopped working along with other processes like media, google play services stopping. That notifications come like every second, and I am unable to use my phone. So, I decided to downgrade. Now, I am on CM version 14.1-20161214-NIGHTLY. But still I get notification "Google play services keeps stopping", so I am not able to use apps on my phone. Also, I can not use that down arrow to view all my notification on the home screen.
Please help . Is there a way to fix this issue without having to reset my phone to factory settings or flashing another rom??

It was a dirty flash then. A clean flash would be wiping data etc before hand.

You can try rebooting to recovery and wiping both cache partitions, but the best suggestion would be to either restore a good, working backup or to perform a full wipe, then flash that particular build again.

If you're worried about app data etc, use something like Titanium Backup to backup stuff before hand.

Upvote 0
It was a dirty flash then. A clean flash would be wiping data etc before hand.

You can try rebooting to recovery and wiping both cache partitions, but the best suggestion would be to either restore a good, working backup or to perform a full wipe, then flash that particular build again.

If you're worried about app data etc, use something like Titanium Backup to backup stuff before hand.
Oh, thanks for the quick reply. What happens if I backup using Titanium backup? The major thing is that if I reset my device or flash any other firmware, I am gonna have to activate my whatsapp and IMO again. But, since the sim I had used to activate them is expired, I won't be able to activate them with the same number. And also I don't want to change my number for whatsapp and IMO. So, if I did Titanium backup, will I be out of trouble or do I still have to activate them with the new number? And what about wiping cache partitions, are they also gonna remove my whatsapp and IMO accounts?

Upvote 0
A cache wipe won't delete the whatsapp and IMO accounts so you should be ok there. I'd try that before you try anything else.

Titanium Backup should backup and restore whatsapp without issue, it's never been a problem for me (although I've never tried with an expired SIM). Not sure what IMO is so I can't comment on that, sorry.

Are you using the same telephone number as I'm pretty sure WhatsApp is tied to your phone number, not SIM Card.

Upvote 0
A cache wipe won't delete the whatsapp and IMO accounts so you should be ok there. I'd try that before you try anything else.

Titanium Backup should backup and restore whatsapp without issue, it's never been a problem for me (although I've never tried with an expired SIM). Not sure what IMO is so I can't comment on that, sorry.

Are you using the same telephone number as I'm pretty sure WhatsApp is tied to your phone number, not SIM Card.
Ok, gonna try that cache wipe.

So, if i restore whatsapp with titanium backup, should I not activate whatsapp for the first run? Will it be automatically activated? I don't have access to the telephone number because the sim is already expired. Thats the main thing, otherwise I could reactivate my whatsapp again if the sim was working. FYI, I can't buy that same phone number from the operator.

Upvote 0
Ok, gonna try that cache wipe.

So, if i restore whatsapp with titanium backup, should I not activate whatsapp for the first run? Will it be automatically activated? I don't have access to the telephone number because the sim is already expired. Thats the main thing, otherwise I could reactivate my whatsapp again if the sim was working. FYI, I can't buy that same phone number from the operator.

Yeah, whenever I restore whatsapp using Titanium after a ROM flash, it's automatically activated and goes straight in to my inbox as soon as it opens.

Upvote 0

Too Bad... When I wiped the cache partition, my phone is stuck in Samsung logo. I had done dalvik and data also clear. So, I let go off my old whatsapp account old data and clean flashed Android Revolution HD53.0 for now after researching a while for the best custom rom for Galaxy S3... :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones