• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S7 Edge prevent voicemail

I have a Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935A and I want to prevent blocked numbers from leaving voicemail.

I have added these numbers to the block calls list but it still allows them to leave a voicemail

How can I do this?

You'd have to talk to the carrier since VM is handled on their end. There are a few who do permanently block numbers, but I, of course, it's not free, and generally not part of the regular plan.

Upvote 0
Nope. Calls go through the carrier network and then are routed to your phone based on the SIM or IMEI over the cell towers. If the call can't make a connection at the phone (either by not being online or by the phone blocking) it's then routed to VM. Any blocking of VM for individual numbers must happen on the carrier's network

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones