• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S8 will not receive/show notification for picture text

Juiced46

Lurker
May 26, 2013
I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 through Verizon. Over the past few months. I am not receiving notifications for picture texts only. I am using the Message + app.

I receive regular texts just fine and on time. When someone sends a picture. I do not get a notification of the text. When I open the app, then the message shows and the picture downloads.

For example. Someone can send me a picture text at 3pm. It will not notify me of the text at all. If I open the Message+ app @ say 5pm. The picture text comes through then and says I received it at 3pm and it never shows a notification. It just started happening over the past few months.

Phone is up to date. I have cleared cache. Uninstalled/reinstalled Message +. I have deleted pictures and old texts. Power saving mode is OFF.

I cannot find a solution to this. What is my next step?

What's your next step?

Have contacted your carrier, Verizon about it? Maybe there's a problem on their network? Because it is the carriers who provide MMS picture messaging.

I figured it out. It ended up being due to my data saver. For some reason, Message + got switched off in data saver mode so its not running the in the background. I have never touched that setting so I assume it happened in an app update or phone update. Anyhow, I switched the app to run in background with data saver on and now it is working correctly.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones