• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Stuck in download mode

epiovesam

Lurker
Jan 12, 2010
Hi,

I started a firmware update (using Odin) and, when downloading the amss, samsung says "Bad block table read fail"... a lot of times and the progress bar (on Odin) stay locked. And the update cant finish.

So, I restart the mobile... but it always come with the "Downloading..." screen.

I've tried the recovery mode [vol down] + [start call] + [end call] buttons, but it always go to "Downloading..." screen.

I can't exit from the download mode, and the phone doesn't start any more. I've removed the battery, but the same... the "diskette logo" come with "Downloading..." all the times.

So, two questions:
1) About the "bad block" message, I think it's because I left "turned on" the USB debugging... so, I want to start the phone to turn it off again. This make sense?

2) How to get rid of this screen? How to stop the download mode???

Thanks!
Eduardo

Eduardo, are you by any chance from Brazil or Canada? Maybe you bricked it because it was i7500L, not the i7500?

From Brazil, but the model is I7500 and not I7500L... at least, is what was shown in the model field from Android System Information.

I've heard that 'bad block' messages was about the USB debugging turned on... so, I need to start the Samsung again to turn it off... sick.

Why it keep showing 'Downloading...'? The Odin CAN talk with the device, so I have hope... it's not 100% dead.

Is there an way to hack it, to break the startup process and change that setting (USB debug)?

Or any other hint??

Thanks,
Eduardo

Upvote 0
The same happes here, but at the "Bad bock" screen i rip out my battery and now my phone dont turns on :-(

Neither download mode or fastbood mode.

Any hope to fix this?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but now your phone won't boot normally, in download mode or in fastboot mode? Have you tried recovery mode? If none of this works, I think your only choice would be to ask Samsung to repair the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones