• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy tab slow and sluggish

D

Deleted User

I don't know if it is just me or what, but this tablet really seems sluggish. From moving between home screens to bringing up the status bar thing in the bottom right corner, to clicking the bottom bar that shows the standard apps that apparently can not be changed. The keyboard seems funny too, when i click in a sentence to edit, the cursor jumps around.

I turned off animations and motion stuff, nothing helps. Anyone else experiencing this?

Have you updated to TouchWiz UX? I definitely found this to be the case on stock 3.1. Are you running a lot of widgets? The text entry problem is well known, though if you swap out the Samsung keyboard for another, it seems to disappear (I use SwiftKey, excellent app worth the $3). I think Honeycomb is still in its infancy and these are known issues.

Upvote 0
Yeah I updated TouchWiz, it was the first thing I did after I exchanged out the first one that didn't work. I only have 2 email widgets and the weather widget. I tried different keyboards and others did work better. I was just shocked to see how slow and stuttered some of the things were on the screen, especially after reading all the great things about it.

Upvote 0
happened to me last night (with TUX). Pretty sure I had some javascript going crazy on a webpage, even after minimizing it. It was fine within 10 mins or so and hasnt done it again. it did concern me for a bit. Now that the browser controls are hidden, its hard to see whats going in within the browser.

Upvote 0
All these stories about problems with the update is keeping me from doing it. I absolutely LOVE this tablet without the update. As of right now I'm not touching the update until I hear that the bugs are worked out and it actually helps the tab run smoother and adds functions without problems. I must say, I am a little disappointed to hear about these problems with the update. An update from the company that built it. I will say that I'm a little puzzled that some people have the problem and some do not. I find that interesting that on two identical, new, devices they can have two opposite outcomes. I understand it on phones or computers that have different programs, possibly viruses, different roms, etc... But this is on tablets that are brand new out of the box with no other variables. Can the update and system be THAT inconsistent??

Upvote 0
I just picked up a Galaxy Tab 10.1 last weekend and found that the TouchWiz update wan't pre-installed. I tried to update using the option in Settings, but it says I have all current updates.

I did some reading and found that the update was causing people problems and Samsung pulled the update.

Has it become available again?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones