• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gallery thumbnails, Bionic

thetingster

Android Enthusiast
Dec 27, 2009
Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I have a couple folders of pictures that were for some album art that I did not want to appear in my gallery. I used the .nomedia file trick so the gallery does not scan them but the thumbnails are still there.

I found the thumbnail folder in the dcim folder on the internal sdcard and deleted all the thumbnails, thinking it would just refresh without them. Well then none of my thumbnails show up and they are not refreshing.

So I did a factory reset and am back up again to where I was before. Does anyone know how to safely remove these thumbnails?

Oh I might add the pictures I am hiding with the .nomedia file are on my ext-sdcard.

Thank you.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I have a couple folders of pictures that were for some album art that I did not want to appear in my gallery. I used the .nomedia file trick so the gallery does not scan them but the thumbnails are still there.

I found the thumbnail folder in the dcim folder on the internal sdcard and deleted all the thumbnails, thinking it would just refresh without them. Well then none of my thumbnails show up and they are not refreshing.

So I did a factory reset and am back up again to where I was before. Does anyone know how to safely remove these thumbnails?

Oh I might add the pictures I am hiding with the .nomedia file are on my ext-sdcard.

Thank you.

Not exactly answering your question but...

I had many of my preview thunbnails were empty and when I click on other thumbnails, they never stop trying to load to a clear photo. These were photos transfered from my OG Droid. I solved my problem by deleting those photos (they are also on my laptop) and loaded 3D Gallery (using as my default) which is much better, like it was on my OG Droid.

Sorry I didn't answer your question and I sidetracked a bit.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones