• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root GAOSP Froyo Nightly Builds

Guys, please! Check this bug on your phones:
Firmware: GAOSP-2-09292010-NIGHTLY and GAOSP-2-10212010-NIGHTLY.
Settings-> CyanogenMod settings-> Sound settings-> Always play on speaker: Notifications, Ringtones, Alarms - All checkboxes are select.
Immediately after reboot all notifications, ringtones, alarms go through the speaker.But after the first player start and listening to at least one song with headset, all notifications, ringtones and alarm go ONLY through the headphones.I always have my headphones in.So now if I'm not using the device I never hear any notifications!
Test please! Who has the same problem?
Thanks in advance. And sorry for my bad english.

Upvote 0
Revet back to previously nightly, battery consumption back to normal by my standards. Day gone and the battery is on 90%, battery set to economic mode. One happy user with the previously nightly, without regards to some improvement and edited goodies in the new nightly. :p

Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed in the battery life of the latest nightly too... I used to charge every other day, now I can barely get through one day without charging.

And that's with very little 3G activity (mostly mobile network was off)

Upvote 0
Got back to 10212010 nightly. The battery drain was immense. Also, the phone heated up like hell while charging. Dunno what the issue was; hope Drakaz is looking into it.
Seems lotsa ppl having the same issues.

BTW where do you find economic mode for battery in the nighties.

Revet back to previously nightly, battery consumption back to normal by my standards. Day gone and the battery is on 90%, battery set to economic mode. One happy user with the previously nightly, without regards to some improvement and edited goodies in the new nightly. :p

Reactions: nex1685
Upvote 0
Ah thats nice. I always kept it at perf.

Now did two things.

1. Changed to eco mode in cpu sampling in gaosp config
  2. SET CPU settings changed to 614 Max/19 Min
Hope I should see some battery improvements with this.

Anyways : Thanks for pointing it out. I was a fool to not get it in the 1st place :p

Ups, sorry I meant to write, that was CPU sampling to eco(nomic) mod in GAOSP conf (there's also mix and perf(omance) choices). Apparently it saves the battery life tremendously (mix is my choice now), battery is now on 79% - 2 days of usage. :p

Upvote 0
downloaded new nightly and seems better with battery will test today
i am bell user and cannt get into market but can get into gmail have tried
all samples. i just use other andoid markets they arnnt as big but i donnt need
alot either. really happy with 2.2.1 i think it works well with what they have to work with having low memory. going to get galaxy s later but for now i am happy
thank you Drakaz for all your work

Upvote 0
I am using the latest nightly, 10292010, great speed improvements! I am not using the gaosp config, or cyanogenmod settings and it feels great.

Too bad the market is not working properly right now. Cant reinstall the old apps again.
Cant comment on the battery use yet since its only been a few hrs.

The apps also cannot read the SD card, although file explorer can....can someone confirm this by opening the gallery and see if it can read the SD card?

Thanks

Upvote 0
i find new nightly very good but still having trouble with battery drain. left phone on with a full charge from 1am till 7am over night and battery was at 49 % when i looked at it. i am older so donnt use as much as most people and really like 2.2.1 and will continue to use as full time system. i am going to look for a better battery today will let you now how i make out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones