• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root GAOSP Froyo Nightly Builds

need help guys, I'm trying to install the latest nightly build, its giving me this error:

cant mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
(no such device)
E: cant mount INTERNAL:
E: failure at line 321 :
copy_dir PACKAGE: dev_data INTERNAL:
Sync Data...
Installation failed

help?

reboot into recovery and check filesystem on /data
after that install the new nightly

and about the new nightly
the camera works, no flash yet but great job so far
no external sd card....
linpack is on 4.6 - 4.7
but quadrant went back to 330, on the nightly from the 15th i got 398

Reactions: Bomberman
Upvote 0
No external SD card??? :thinking:
I have external SD card on my phone. It's the same nightly build of course. Also if you all noticed this build is 5MB smaller then the previous one (this one has 57.3 MB and the previous one was 62.3 MB). Cyangenmod Compcache works in this build, but Wi-Fi ad hoc doesn't work for me. :(

Oh well I can't have it all. :p

Upvote 0
No external SD card??? :thinking:
I have external SD card on my phone. It's the same nightly build of course. Also if you all noticed this build is 5MB smaller then the previous one (this one has 57.3 MB and the previous one was 62.3 MB). Cyangenmod Compcache works in this build, but Wi-Fi ad hoc doesn't work for me. :(

Oh well I can't have it all. :p

lelouch - do you have adw settings?
i dont. maybe an issue of update vs. full reinstall

Upvote 0
Yep, I have adw settings. You don't? :thinking:
Did you do a update of previous build? I couldn't, so I did the clean install (glad I did now).

doing a nandroid backup now and a clean install later.
something must have gone wrong with the update. no adw settings and in the new 20th nightly no ext sd
will report later after clean install

edit - after clean install still couldnt get the ext sd, seems that instead od sdcard2 it is noe ext-sd so something definitly got changed
but the clean install got me back with the adw settings and after going back to the nandroid backup of the 20th nightly i got it there too

Upvote 0
After a few days with the aug 15th nightly, I think that this release is very good for an alpha version, and it works pretty well, but I think i'll go back to 1.6.3.4 since this version restarts a few times a day and it sucks...

I wanted to correct what I wrote earlier - there seems to be a problem with my device, maybe loose contacts, anyway, just wanted ppl to know that my restarts problem is my device and not the version.

Upvote 0
Is there anywhere other than the nandroid folder where backups are stored? Why I ask is I want to blow all traces of any previous backups due to some weirdness I'm seeing.

Last weekend I downloaded the nightly build for the 15th, installed it, and all was working but I didn't want to risk it for daily use quite yet so reloaded galaxo 1.6.3.4 from my backups.

A couple of nights later I wanted to play with the nightly build so I reloaded it and when I went to sign into Google it kept coming back with an error of "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server." (weirdness #1). I tried wiping and reloading a few times before giving up and going back to Galaxo.

Tonight, I went with the latest nightly build and I'm getting the same error plus when I go into the settings to setup my APN they're already there (weirdness #2). I've tried a couple of times wiping and reloading but keep getting the same result.

Any ideas?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones