• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root GB question

hen23

Aug 16, 2010
I want to update to the official GB release. I have the .7 radio so I have to flash to .340 froyo, correct? Once I do that, do I just download the file from p3droids page where it says Full Stock Version (Signed)? It says I have to use the stock recovery, how do I do that?

Sorry if this is a repost, I read how to do it before and now I cannot find it. I tried searching but nothing related comes up and it is very frustrating :p

Edit: Which sbf file should I choose from the UDG site?

Android 2.2 System Version 2.3.15 (the_gift2)
Android 2.2.1 System Version 2.3.320 Full (Happy_Holidays_From_TBH)
Android 2.2.1 System Version 2.3.340 System Only (SHADO_X6_2.3.34_SYSTEM-ONLY)
Android 2.2.1 System Version 2.3.340 Full (VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01)

Android 2.2.1 System Version 2.3.340 Full (VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01)
Is the SBF you use.

To get into stock recovery

Turn your phone off.
Hold down "Home" and press "Power" until the Motorola logo appears.
Release "Power" and continue to hold "Home" until an exclamation appears.
Release "Home" and press the "Search" button once.
Your phone will now enter recovery.

Source: http://phandroid.com/2010/07/21/how-to-boot-the-droid-x-into-recovery-mode/

Upvote 0
Ok, I ran rsd and choose the file to flash to. Rsd did its thing, and my phone restarted. The only thing is, nothing happened. My phone turned on and nothing has changed, except where my 3g icon normally is there is a blue triangle and I have no internet. What the hell happened?

I installed the drivers and I am using rsd 4.9. I have windows vista. Rsd said it was complete, how come it did not work?

Upvote 0
OP you need to do a factory reset... from the phone being off... Hold down "Power" and "Home" at the same time till a triangle comes up. Then press the search button (bottom right hard key). Then scroll down to factory data/cache reset (something like that, its the second one down I believe) using your volume down button. Then select it by doing a half press on your camera button... then select yes by doing a half press of the camera (only half press, a full press will select the reset, but then auto select "no"... you will see what I'm talking about when you get into this factory recovery)... then once its finished move up to "reboot now" and select it using the camera button again. This should help, hopefully.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones