• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gboard not popping up

Aaron1112

Lurker
Mar 3, 2018
Hello does anyone know how to solve this whenever i wanna type something the gboard keyboard doesn't even pop up i have clear data clear cache install uninstall it's still the same

Edit: when i check in the running service at develope options the Gboard Mb goes up and goes down also the running time it resets in the running service

Does it happen just in specific apps?

I've found lately that the keyboard popping up when I want to enter text in a website using the Edge browser is glitchy: it happens the first time I try to do it in a tab, and I need to click on the address bar instead (where it does work), then hit "back" to get rid of it, after which it works normally. But the same happens with SwiftKey so I'm certain that's a glitch in Edge rather than GBoard. And I don't have a problem when using it with any other app.

Reactions: Maynard2019
Upvote 0
it happens to every apps i go to as you can see i have uploaded screenshot it shows 52:10 running time in Gboard now but when i open again to check in running services the keyboard running time will get back to 0 and restarts so the app also force stop automatically also the Mb goes up and goes down always i have already install uninstall the app clear data and clear cache done
28537579_1942397729107108_2019571954_n.jpg

Upvote 0
If you have problems opening any keyboard with any app then it's not a problem with the particular keyboard, but something lower-level.

Just to be sure though, have you tried running in Safe Mode? That disables all user-installed apps, so if you no longer have the problem (and the built-in keyboard, which will be the only one you can use in Safe Mode, also suffers from this when used normally) that will imply that it's one of the user-installed apps that's causing a problem.

If you still have the problem when in Safe Mode then maybe you could try wiping the system cache (not the app cache) from recovery, in case there's something in there that's confusing the keyboard selector.

Upvote 0
If you have problems opening any keyboard with any app then it's not a problem with the particular keyboard, but something lower-level.

Just to be sure though, have you tried running in Safe Mode? That disables all user-installed apps, so if you no longer have the problem (and the built-in keyboard, which will be the only one you can use in Safe Mode, also suffers from this when used normally) that will imply that it's one of the user-installed apps that's causing a problem.

If you still have the problem when in Safe Mode then maybe you could try wiping the system cache (not the app cache) from recovery, in case there's something in there that's confusing the keyboard selector.
Ok but how to do that?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones