• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GBWhatsApp data recovery problem

Have you checked that location to see if there is an actual backup file there? If not then it didn't create the backup. You might want to check to see if it created it on your internal storage in the same location, if so try and get the app to point to that location to restore the backup.

If none are present I doubt you can recover your lost data, unless it's on the cloud somewhere.

Upvote 0
Have you checked that location to see if there is an actual backup file there? If not then it didn't create the backup. You might want to check to see if it created it on your internal storage in the same location, if so try and get the app to point to that location to restore the backup.

If none are present I doubt you can recover your lost data, unless it's on the cloud somewhere.
The backup was in internal memory bt when it shows that the file is not present in sdcard so i thought it wud recover from sd card so i move the backup in sdcard bt still the problm is same.

Upvote 0
Ok, so this is a modified version of Whatsapp, try the following:

Once you’ve created this backup you can be sure that if you ever lose your conversations, you’ll always have a copy available.

When it comes to restoring it in GBWhatsApp, follow these steps. This method is to restore the backup you created earlier on the same phone:
  1. Step 1: download GBWhatsApp and install it one your phone.
  2. Step 2: open the app and on the first screen you’ll see a red button to restore. Don’t press it! Simply continue with the installation!
  3. Step 3: once you’ve used the verification code, the app will ask you if you want to restore your backup. Answer yes.
  4. Step 4: when you access the app, you’ll see all your old conversations.
Source: https://www.malavida.com/en/soft/gb...reate-and-restore-a-backup-in-gbwhatsapp.html

Upvote 0
Please have a luk on it amd help me plzzz

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-06-02-21-29-21-58.png
    Screenshot_2019-06-02-21-29-21-58.png
    754.4 KB · Views: 350
Upvote 0
I believe this is an error due to you having a modified version of WhatsApp installed and more than likely something to do with it screwing a file up somewhere.

Not sure what the solution is. You could try to clear the data and uninstall GBWhatsapp. I've read a post similar to this, although I cannot find it atm. It could be that a reset of the phone will be required...

Reactions: Saurabh046
Upvote 0
I believe this is an error due to you having a modified version of WhatsApp installed and more than likely something to do with it screwing a file up somewhere.

Not sure what the solution is. You could try to clear the data and uninstall GBWhatsapp. I've read a post similar to this, although I cannot find it atm. It could be that a reset of the phone will be required...

Thank you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones