• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gear died after Tiezen upgrade

slatyford

Jan 13, 2010
I updated my Gear to Tiezen via Kies.
It worked fine as soon as update was finished. Next morning received email on the gear. I went to work leaving the watch on standby in the charging cradle.
Came home in the evening to find the watch had died. Waited 10 days for Samsung to sent packaging to send the gear for repair. Put gear in original box with everything that came with it and sent it off.
Samsung now say warranty is void as there is a sticky substance in the power button.
This "paperweight" has rarely been worn, has never been introduced to any liquids and has only ever been left in its charging cradle on a bedside table.
Samsung wont provide any evidence of said substance and are insisting on

I updated my Gear to Tiezen via Kies.
It worked fine as soon as update was finished. Next morning received email on the gear. I went to work leaving the watch on standby in the charging cradle.
Came home in the evening to find the watch had died. Waited 10 days for Samsung to sent packaging to send the gear for repair. Put gear in original box with everything that came with it and sent it off.
Samsung now say warranty is void as there is a sticky substance in the power button.
This "paperweight" has rarely been worn, has never been introduced to any liquids and has only ever been left in its charging cradle on a bedside table.
Samsung wont provide any evidence of said substance and are insisting on

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones