• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Generic root method, do any exist

3d3d3d3d

Oct 9, 2013
I have an android tablet running 4.1.1 its the NEO3DO. Im looking to root but as there is vitually no information on this tablet regarding rooting etc.

Is there a root method that isnt device specific, and would it have to be android version specific method?

any info would be appreciated.

Hi thanks for the link. But have already posted on that specific thread. My tablet is based on the gadmei e83d but nobody has advised if the same route method for the e8hd would work on other android tablets and if it would have to he the same firmware version.

I dont know enough about rooting as to if using thay rooting method would just brick mine.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry to hear it didn't work. It sounds like your computer is not recognizing the neo3do? Do you have the android adb drivers installed? I'm also using windows 7, but I have both the "android adb driver" and "google usb driver" installed previously for my other devices so perhaps those might help your computer recognize the neo3do.

If you are looking to root the nexus 7 consider Wugfresh toolkit - pretty nice tool I used to root my Gnexus. It also walks you through installation of necessary drivers.

For me the neo3do feels like a whole new device once rooted since I can now run adblock, autorun manager and uninstall some stock installed apps so that it runs much smoother. I was getting annoyed that I dropped $350 for it at first but now I"m pretty happy with it since it runs how I like. I haven't tried to overclock it since I don't play too many games or use cpu intensive programs much.

Good luck

FYI the other method I tried for my neo3do was oneclickroot - recognized the tablet but it couldn't root it.

Upvote 0
Tried for hours on my desktop without sucess, 5 mins on the laptop and the neo3do was rooted. What adblocker are you using? When using autorun manager I can uninstall things like facebook but when I reboot gacebook remains. At least I can start to get the tablet how I want it.

still looking for an overclock app that actually works on the neo3do.

thanks jasmoelgato

Upvote 0
I'm glad it worked! Hope this helps other NEO3DO owners as well.

I use adaway by f-droid. You'll have to download the apk rather than through google play.

Autorun manager can disable drivers of specific programs so they don't run in the background or at start up but it won't uninstall i believe. For that you need either root uninstaller or you and use link2sd (what i've been using) since both give you the ability to uninstall system apps. Just be careful you don't uninstall something that'll brick your phone. I uninstalled facebook from the system then reinstalled it as a user app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones